Total Topics: 991
Most Online Today: 16
Most Online Ever: 161
(24 Sep 2016, 03:51:43)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Author Topic: Address verification  (Read 611 times)

felipe

• In general, I am against the status quo!
    • View Profile
Address verification
« on: 21 Jan 2017, 15:21:29 »
Since I moved to Central America, I have had an assortment of problems related to "address verification". Each year it gets worse.

My first address actually had a street name but instead of a house number, it was a distance from another street and the color of the house.

In Estelí Nicaragua there was no house number, no street name and a debate as to which barrio it was in. The electric bill, cable bill, tax bill and water bill all had different barrio names. The next house had an address relative to a place that had gone out of business 20 years earlier.

When I lived in Panajachel Guatemala the street had a name and some of the houses had house numbers. I picked a number that seemed about right and painted it on my wall. I tried to get the electric company to add the house number to the bill but they refused. Or, more accurately, they said it would be like ordering new service.

I am back in the game again in San Antonio Palopó Guatemala. There is one street sign that has two arrows. The one that points to the left and says soemthing like "centro" and and the other says "playa". The road has a name but it doesn't appear anywhere -- you just learn its name and my address is km 1. That is, one kilometer from where the road starts.

The only "anything" I get delivered here is my electric bill. Once a month a guy walks down the street with his "meter reader". He points it at the electric meter and it scans the meter number and reading, records the info and prints out the electric bill. My address is indicated as "SECTOR UNO" which only indicates what part of town I am in. (Actually, I don't even know if there is a SECTOR DOS or anything.

One other bank was not concerned with the address difference (it does have the town name) but they would not accept it because it is not in color. Finally, in desperation, I took a picture of the bill held up in front of a mirror as there are pre-printed ads on the back of the thermal paper roll that are in color.

In any case, be prepared to be creative.

Tags: address banks 

+-Recent Topics

Discounts! must have beauty products by mapedMig
29 Sep 2017, 12:46:39

Discounts! best product images by mapedMig
29 Sep 2017, 00:04:37

Discounts! best beauty products of 2017 by mapedMig
28 Sep 2017, 09:03:38

Discounts! 2017 new makeup by mapedMig
27 Sep 2017, 22:40:51

Discounts! best skin care brands 2017 by mapedMig
27 Sep 2017, 11:40:32

Discounts! best hairstyling products by mapedMig
27 Sep 2017, 00:37:25

RT talks to woman who faces 1yr in jail for laughing at Sessions’ AG nomination by felipe
05 May 2017, 06:50:38

North Korea May Have Two-Thirds of World’s Rare Earths by felipe
04 May 2017, 06:36:45

The Truth About Vaccines by felipe
20 Apr 2017, 09:19:21

Ecuador Leads Way Battling Tax Havens as US Fails to Act by felipe
12 Apr 2017, 16:08:36